Current Job Openings
Sales & Business Development Representative — Full-Time
Hutility is a software consulting and technology firm specializing in the development, customization and integration of enterprise software since 2004. We work on both web and desktop software, integrating with accounting systems (e.g. Sage 300 ERP) and various web APIs (e.g. Shopify).
In addition to consulting for our clients, our company develops, markets, and supports web and desktop products of our own. We are a small, agile team of enterprising individuals with our hands on multiple projects at any given time and our eyes on new product and market opportunities.
About the job
We are looking for our first dedicated sales rep - a tenacious self-starter who will take charge of our outbound and inbound sales efforts. In addition to qualifying and closing marketing-generated inbound leads, you will be responsible for prospecting and pursuing your own opportunities in order to generate new business. You will be supported by the sales manager and other members of our small (but tight-knit) team as you guide prospects through the full sales cycle. As our first dedicated sales rep, you will have the opportunity to be creative as you figure out new ways to effectively identify leads and close deals. Success in this role could mean that future reps follow processes and scripts that you have perfected. You will have to work and learn quickly as you generate leads and manage the sales cycle for our various products and services.
- Lead outbound sales efforts to generate new business (e.g., prospecting leads, cold outreach, etc.)
- Qualify inbound leads and guide good-fit prospects through sales cycle to close
- Respond and follow up with leads in a timely manner via email/phone calls
- Schedule, plan and perform product demos and sales meetings
- Develop strong relationships with prospects and clients
- Work closely and communicate relevant sales insights with marketing, account managers and support teams
- Manage/maintain CRM - ensure all relevant interactions with prospects and customers are logged; keep CRM up to date
- Identify opportunities to optimize sales processes
- Identify opportunities for partnerships and further business development!
- All things revenue growth!
Nice To Have Experience:
- Prior sales experience a valuable asset (but less important than your drive, aptitude and attitude)
- Knowledge of accounting concepts is an advantage because we deal primarily with ERP and accounting software
- A people person! Great with handling and dealing with clients
- Outstanding and persuasive verbal and written communication ability; able to clearly and concisely articulate value of solutions
- Highly self-motivated, self-starting and persistent; takes initiative; "hungry" for the next opportunity
- Ability to think on your feet
- Great listener
- Thoughtful and detailed: can remember client and deal details, doesn't overlook the little things
- Empathetic; genuinely wants to help prospects and clients solve their problems
- Quick to learn, adaptable and flexible as you will be working with a variety of different services and products
- Humble, willing to learn and consider input from others
- Ability to think outside the box
- Has awareness, can see the bigger picture, can see the forest among the trees
- Skilled in sales negotiations, unfazed by sales objections and blockers
- Growth oriented and looking to continuously improve
- Honest, reliable and takes pride in their reputation
Temporarily working remotely, due to COVID-19. Regular work location will be in our office in Mississauga.
Health and dental benefits are included.
Compensation consists of base salary + commissions.
How To Apply:
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org